Financial Accountant – Calgary, AB
- Dynamic Source Manufacturing Inc. (DSM) is an Electronics Manufacturing Services company, supporting global businesses by bringing their products to market effectively and efficiently for more than 20 years. With manufacturing facilities in Canada and the USA, we provide high-quality services for diverse industries such as automotive, communications, energy, and security & defense. Our company’s vision and performance are guided by our commitments to quality, collaboration, diversity & inclusion, and connectedness.
- The Financial Accountant is responsible for all facets of month end and year end closing procedures, financial statements preparation and analysis. This candidate will maintain accuracy of information through strict adherence to GAAP guidelines, internal policies and procedures.
- Great company culture; transparent, supportive, and positive
- Challenging and rewarding work
- Company events
- Training and development opportunities
- Professional development assistance
- Dental, health, vision, and life insurance
- Paid time off
- Clean and safe working environment
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Perform full cycle accounting
- Responsible for month end & year end closing procedures including: Bank reconciliations. Inventory reconciliations.
- General ledger account review and reconciliations.
- Revenue and expense analysis.
- Capital asset schedules and amortization.
- Intercompany accounts.
- Prepare and maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all entries.
- Develop and refine month end processes to streamline procedures and create efficiencies.
- Calculate and support the reporting of company KPI’s and future improvements to metric reporting.
- Assist with the preparation and submissions of budgets and quarterly financial forecasts.
- Identify areas in need of improvement through root cause analysis and recommend/implement corrective actions.
- Assisting and completion of various ad hoc projects as required by management.
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Minimum 3-5 years if related work experience
- Proficient with MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Previous exposure to accounting and ERP software is an asset
- Detail oriented and proactive
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to effectively organize and work with all levels of stakeholders Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Strong problem solving, analytical, time management and organizational skills
- Proven track record of accountability and follow through
- Must successfully pass a background check
If you are looking for a career where you truly care about what you do, with a company that rewards innovation and values contribution, we would love to connect with you. DSM is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Due to the number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Looking forward to hearing from you.