Quality Assurance Director – Calgary, AB
- Dynamic Source Manufacturing Inc. (DSM) is an Electronics Manufacturing Services company, supporting global businesses by bringing their products to market effectively and efficiently for more than 20 years. With manufacturing facilities in Canada and the USA, we provide high-quality services for diverse industries such as automotive, communications, energy, and security & defense. Our company’s vision and performance are guided by our commitments to quality, collaboration, diversity & inclusion, and connectedness.
- Reporting to the President/CEO, the Director of Quality Assurance will lead and promote the company’s improvement efforts by systematically identifying and addressing quality issues/gaps and implementing robust solutions to ensure delivered quality to our customers across all DSM facilities. The individual will partner with the process owners to develop and implement procedures that ensure quality and consistency of all product lines. The Quality Assurance Director proactively identifies risk, assesses relevant controls, and executes on necessary actions.
WHY JOIN US:
- Great company culture: We are transparent, supportive, and empower our people
- Challenging and rewarding work
- Monthly Company Events
- Training and development opportunities
- Professional Development assistance
- Company paid Dental, Health, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Personal Days/Paid Time off
WHO YOU ARE:
- Motivated, agile, and enjoys continuously learning and improving
- Very detailed oriented and takes time to make strategic, well thought out decisions
- Strong communicator and able to collaborate via email and in person with all levels of the organization
- Passionate and excited about quality initiatives, and enjoy managing multiple projects
- Implementer and ability to start and finish a project with precision in a timely manner
- Risk mitigation focused; ability to think outside the box with to determine the best mitigation strategies
- This is a full time position, working 40 hours per week (Monday – Friday). Flex hours are permitted, as we trust our employees to get their job done and manage their own schedules and working hours accordingly.
- Leads, develops and maintains DSM’s ISO Quality Management System.
- Chairs the Monthly Risk Management Meetings & Quality Management System Reviews.
- Is the organization’s representative for customer & 3rd party audits.
- Through collaboration with other department heads, ensure a viable and working quality management system.
- Setting & monitoring Departmental budgets, objectives and goals.
- Attends industry association meetings, seminars and site tours.
- Focal point for Product/Process Quality and IPC Workmanship Standards both internally and externally.
- Work closely with Production dept. to drive product & process quality improvements through root cause analysis and the immediate implementation of corrective actions.
- Provides training and support for employees in problem solving techniques, data analysis, SPC, Cost of Quality, and other industry best practices.
- Develops and presents customer and process data through compilation and analysis.
- Work collectively with Materials, Purchasing, and other groups to establish and maintain a Supplier Selection and Development program.
- Drives departmental communication and career development, conducts employee reviews.
- Reviews appropriate publications, articles and abstracts to stay abreast of industry developments.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant business/technical discipline
- Minimum ten (10) years quality environment experience
- At least five (5) years experience in a senior leadership role within a manufacturing environment
- Customer facing experience
- Strong data analysis skills
- Familiarity with processes and methodologies such as ISO9001, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Design For Manufacturability (DFM), Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Gauge Repeatability and Reproducibility (GR&R) studies
- Advanced understanding of manufacturing statistics, such as process capability (Cp, Cpk, Pp, PpK), control charts,DOE
- Intermediate to Expert Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to clearly and concisely convey information through dialogue and correspondence with all departments and customers
- Excellent organizational skills – ability to multitask and effectively prioritize and perform tasks efficiently
HOW TO APPLY:
- If you are looking for a career where you truly care about what you do, with a company that rewards innovation and values contribution, we would love to connect with you. DSM is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Due to the number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Looking forward to hearing from you.