Production Assembler – Calgary, AB
- Are you looking for a rewarding career within a growing company? Are you a dynamic, hard-working team player? If so, we are looking to hire you!We are an Electronics Manufacturing Services company, supporting global businesses by bringing their products to market effectively and efficiently for more than 20 years. At DSM, you will help create innovative products for our industry-leading customers. We trust and grow with our people and do everything in our power to build a healthy and rewarding environment that gives you a sense of pride about coming to work everyday.
We have built a collaborative environment filled with highly motivated individuals who are committed to learning, growing, and getting things done. Our success has been built on trust, integrity, and delivering our customers’ unique innovative requirements.
- The Production Assembler’s role is to install manual parts on Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) to transform the assembly to a completed state. Day to day tasks include soldering, manual and machine inspection and testing to ensure reliability of customer products.
WHY JOIN US:
- Great company culture; transparent, supportive, and positive
- Challenging and rewarding work
- Company Events
- Training and development opportunities
- Professional development assistance
- Dental, Health, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid time off
- Clean, warm, and safe working environment
- Casual Dress
- On-Site parking
WHO YOU ARE:
- Strong Communicator – Provide clear and concise information and correspondence to individuals verbally and written
- Detail Oriented – Enjoy reading detailed engineering drawings, using verbal instructions and process documents to complete tasks step by step
- Solutions Focused – Enjoy thinking outside the box to help solve problems or produce a new concept or idea
- Quality Focused – Motivated to get things done right, and attentive to details
- Self-starter – Works effectively independently or with a team
- Connect through hole, wires, cables and other components using Class 3 soldering and other bonding techniques and equipment
- Complete visual in-process and final inspection on all products to ensure customer specifications are being met
- Maintain a clean and organized work station
- Participate in IPC training and become certified as a Specialist
- Operate X-ray, Automated Optimal Inspection (AOI) and other assessment equipment
- Operate Depanelizes and Press-fit equipment according to operating standards
- Test finished PCBs using customer specific equipment
- Follow customer packing requirements and processes for shipping
- Participate in and adhere to DSM’s safety procedures and practices
- Perform work meeting ESD and quality standards
- Perform other duties as required
- Soldering experience – proficient working on and inspecting Class 3 products
- IPC-A-610 certified and strong working knowledge of ESD
- Good verbal skills – able to provide clear and concise information to individuals
- Strong reading and listening skills – able to comprehend and carry out verbal instructions and detailed engineering drawings and process documents
- Basic written skills – able to write simple correspondence
HOW TO APPLY:
- If you are looking for a career where you truly care about what you do, with a company that rewards innovation and values contribution, we would love to connect with you. DSM is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Due to the number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Please include your availability/preferred shift in your application.