EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY FOR:
Process Technician (Day Shift)
JOB TYPE: Full-time (8-hour shifts), temporary, contract (6 months)
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
Dynamic Source Manufacturing Inc. (DSM) is an Electronics Manufacturing Services provider. We are headquartered in Calgary, Canada, with manufacturing facilities in both Canada and the United States. For 20 years, our global customers have counted on us to bring their high-quality products to market quickly, efficiently, and with peace of mind. We proudly serve those in communications, energy, industrial, automotive, security & defense, and emerging technologies.
The Process Technician’s role is to install manual parts on Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) to transform the assembly to a completed state. The Process Technician performs soldering, manual and machine inspection and testing to ensure reliability of customer products.
- Connect through hole, wires, cables and other components using Class 3 soldering and other bonding techniques and equipment
- Complete visual in-process and final inspection on all products to ensure customer specifications are being met
- Maintain a clean and organized work station
- Participate in IPC training and become certified as a Specialist
- Operate X-ray, Automated Optimal Inspection (AOI) and other assessment equipment
- Operate depanelizers and press-fit equipment according to operating standards
- Test finished PCBs using customer specific equipment
- Follow customer packing requirements and processes for shipping
- Participate in and adhere to DSM’s safety procedures and practices
- Perform work meeting ESD and quality standards
- Perform other duties as required
- Soldering experience – proficient working on and inspecting Class 3 products
- IPC-A-610 certified and strong working knowledge of ESD
- Good verbal skills – able to provide clear and concise information to individuals
- Strong reading and listening skills – able to comprehend and carry out verbal instructions and detailed engineering drawings and process documents
- Basic written skills – able to write simple correspondence
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem and to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea
- Comfortable navigating and using a computer to access documentation
- High attention to detail and can perform the work correctly
- Strong self-starter and can work effectively independently and/or with a team
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation package
- Free parking
- Overtime pay
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
HOW TO APPLY:
If you possess the above qualifications and are looking for a new opportunity to advance your career within a successful and growing organization, we want to hear from you.
Please apply through Indeed (link here).
DSM is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Due to the number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.