Process Engineering Technician – Tempe, AZ, USA
- Dynamic Source Manufacturing Inc. (DSM) is an Electronics Manufacturing Services company, supporting global businesses by bringing their products to market effectively and efficiently for more than 20 years. With manufacturing facilities in Canada and the USA, we provide high-quality services for diverse industries such as automotive, communications, energy, and security & defense. Our company’s vision and performance are guided by our commitments to quality, collaboration, diversity & inclusion, and connectedness
- We are seeking a Process Engineer in our Tempe, Arizona manufacturing facility, responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining circuit board assembly processes. The Process Engineer is a catalyst for change and improvements and thrives in a career being able to work with, coach, and train multi-disciplinary teams.
- Daily technical support for the production team
- Ensure machine tools are properly functioning (repair as needed)
- Machine Tool Preventative Maintenance Plans are being performed timely/correctly
- Daily 5S Checklist completed
- Work with engineering team to design wave pallets, reflow profiles, wave/SMT/AOI programs and manufacturing improvements
- Ensure engineering team timely support of above requirements to support customers and manufacturing schedule
- Collaborate with engineering team process improvement and implementing best known methods
- Foster a strong health and safety environment – ensures all safety guidelines are being followed and takes action to improve conditions
- Drives product & process quality through root cause analysis and the immediate implementation of corrective actions.
- Provides training and mentoring for department employees in technical problem solving, Lean Manufacturing and other industry best practices.
- Ensure departmental processes are compliant with quality management system (QMS)
- Advise on all technology purchases specific to manufacturing process
- Perform other duties as required
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in technical discipline and 5-10 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in all aspects of PCBA manufacturing
- Previous process experience in an electronics environment with SMT, PTH and mechanical assembly is preferred
- IPC-A-610 & J-STD-001 certification a plus
- Post-secondary education in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering a plus
- People centric – ability to develop and foster strong working relationships with all stakeholders
- Lean knowledge and training would be preferred (Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen)
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to clearly and concisely convey production information and requirements
- Excellent organizational skills – ability to multitask and effectively prioritize and perform tasks efficiently
- Analytical, problem solver – ability to identify, evaluate and effectively resolve problems
- Experience managing changing priorities in a rapidly growing organization will be considered an asset
- Self-directed and can work with internal and external stakeholders to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
- Available for periodic overtime
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- One location
- If you are looking for a career where you truly care about what you do, with a company that rewards innovation and values contribution, we would love to connect with you. DSM is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Due to the number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Looking forward to hearing from you.