Are you looking for a rewarding career within a growing company? Are you a dynamic, hard-working team player? If so, we are looking to hire you!
We are an Electronics Manufacturing Services company, supporting global businesses by bringing their products to market effectively and efficiently for more than 20 years. At DSM, you will help create innovative products for our industry-leading customers. We trust and grow with our people and do everything in our power to build a healthy and rewarding environment that gives you a sense of pride about coming to work everyday.
We have built a collaborative environment filled with highly motivated individuals who are committed to learning, growing, and getting things done. Our success has been built on trust, integrity, and delivering our customers’ unique innovative requirements
We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to develop, improve, and support manufacturing processes by analyzing the manufacturability of current products while providing cost savings in manufacturability and design. This individual will assist with the introduction of new products and will effectively provide implementation, support, and maintenance for all manufacturing information for existing products, components, and related procedures.
- Support the Engineering department in various areas but not limited to Product design, Product configuration, Manufacturing, Testing, Equipment selection, commissioning, and qualification (IQ, OQ, PQ).
- Support all releases of NPI, ECO, TDN, & PCN product releases for the Manufacturing Department.
- Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods.
- Create and train on released Standard/Assembly Instructions & Test Procedures.
- Design, implement, and sustain tooling, fixtures and jigs to aid in the manufacturing process, including its preventative maintenance and calibration schedules/program (RE: IMTE Procedure).
- Analyze Bill of Materials (BOM) and related dataset to generate accurate quoting on products.
- Liaison between Engineering, Product Management, and Materials Departments to facilitate proper phase-in/phase-out of inventory.
- Complies with and participates in the continuous improvement of the Company’s Health & Safety programs, Quality Systems, and Lean Enterprise initiatives.
- Drives continuous improvement through Engineering involvement in Quality and other associated activities/events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering preferred, P. Eng. considered an asset.
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Lean Six Sigma and experience working in an electronics manufacturing environment is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001 standards.
- Understanding of PPAP, APQP, Control Plan, PFMEA, MSA, and SPC is valued.
- Familiarity in Manufacturing Execution System (MES) is appreciated.
- Strong reading skills – ability to read and comprehend work instructions, blue prints and engineering drawings.
- Good verbal and listening communications skills – able to provide clear and concise feedback and act correctly on received information and direction.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Well developed, strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively and productively in team settings.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Clean and safe working environment
- Challenging and rewarding work
- Development and training opportunities
- Casual work environment
- Overtime pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2C 5L9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (preferred)
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are looking for a career where you truly care about what you do, with a company that rewards innovation and values contribution, we would love to connect with you.
DSM is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Due to the number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Looking forward to hearing from you.