Assistant Production Manager – Calgary, AB
- Dynamic Source Manufacturing Inc. (DSM) is an Electronics Manufacturing Services company, supporting global businesses by bringing their products to market effectively and efficiently for more than 20 years. With manufacturing facilities in Canada and the USA, we provide high-quality services for diverse industries such as automotive, communications, energy, and security & defense. Our company’s vision and performance are guided by our commitments to quality, collaboration, diversity & inclusion, and connectedness.
- The Assistant Production Manager is responsible for leading and coordinating manufacturing and warehousing activities to ensure production targets, quality, inventory, and safety standards are efficiently and effectively met. This individual will have strong communication and leadership skills and can successfully motivate, coach, and develop a team to achieve results.
WHY JOIN US:
- Great company culture: We are transparent, supportive, and empower our people
- Challenging and rewarding work
- Monthly Company Events
- Training and development opportunities
- Professional Development assistance
- Company paid Dental, Health, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Personal Days/Paid Time off
WHO YOU ARE:
- People Centric Leader: You know you “why”, ask questions to understand what needs to be resolved, and show up for your team by setting a great example
- Creative Go-Getter: Enjoy thinking outside of the box by embracing new initiatives and implementing new strategies
- Adaptable: Flexible approach to pivot changing schedules, plans and goals
- Positive: Utilize positivity to motivate the team to achieve goals and put their best foot forward in their work to exceed expectations.
- Provide leadership, motivation and direction to the Production Supervisors, Group Leads, and employees.
- Work collaboratively with support departments and Production/Materials Manager in the attainment of DSM’s business goals.
- Work with the Production Supervisors to monitor all daily functions of the production area and ensure efficiency targets are being met and constantly looking to improve them by identifying opportunities and implementing process improvement, waste removal, and cost reduction.
- Ensure staff are following the Quality Management system requirements (QMS) and that the products are meeting the individual requirements as outlined in the Manufacturing instructions.
- Maintains departmental training program by identifying and addressing training requirements/gaps, coaches, mentors and provides continuous feedback and evaluation to production staff to build employees capabilities.
- Improve the overall performance of your team through the implementation of LEAN and Kaizen initiatives – and leverage a cross-functional team.
- Identify issues and their root causes, analyze, and provide solutions to the issues.
- Identify and develop personal improvement plans for the team members. Coordinate and assist with annual performance review process.
- Ensure cycle counts are conducted; daily, weekly, monthly based on product ABC analysis.
- Work with the Warehouse Lead to manage both inbound and outbound logistics including customs documents and freight quotes.
- Work with the materials team to maintain and improve inventory management systems such as Kanban, 2 bin and FIFO.
- High School Diploma or GED and 5-10 years of on-the-job training/experience
- Strong leadership skills – proven success being able to lead, influence and develop employees within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- People centric – ability to develop and foster strong working relationships with all stakeholders.
- LEAN knowledge and training would be preferred (Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen)
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Highly proficient Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to convey production/warehouse information and requirements clearly and concisely.
- Excellent organizational skills – ability to multitask and effectively prioritize and perform tasks efficiently.
- Analytical, problem solver – ability to identify, evaluate and effectively resolve problems.
- Experience in managing multiple shifts and managing changing priorities in a rapidly growing organization will be considered as asset.
- Experience in training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Self-directed and can work with internal and external stakeholders to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Available to work rotating shifts (days, afternoons, midnights, weekends)
- Available for periodic overtime
HOW TO APPLY:
- If you are looking for a career where you truly care about what you do, with a company that rewards innovation and values contribution, we would love to connect with you. DSM is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Due to the number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Looking forward to hearing from you.